USBAT spec

Herald van der Breggen herald at breggen.xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 20 08:32:12 CEST 2002

Hi Imran,

Nice to hear that would like to work on this!

There is a working version (read only) in CVS, but should be completed
and polished up (we had discussions about how much is should be
integrated in the older shuttle_usbat.c). Just go ahead and do what you
think you should do.

To get the specs, the procedure is to contact Mike Gibson
(gibson<AT>cs.utah.edu) and tell him you won't publish the specs. You're
word is enough. You will get a pdf-document with the specs after that.

In the mean time you probably learn a lot from the sniffed data while
using a perl script (called snifflook.pl in directory sniff/tools) to
see what happens. You can check out the sniff-directory for that. (See
also http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=43201 and check out module
"usb-storage" and module "sniff").

On http://www.lysator.liu.se/~unicorn/hacks/usbat2/ (probably you have
seen it already) you can find useful information.

If you have made a sourceforge account for yourself, we can give you
rights to update the CVS. Chris Niekel (chris<AT>niekel.net) has done
that so far, so maybe you can contact him about that...

Nice to have you on board.
Success!

Herald