[Mattricks] Feature Request : Manual Formation Addition

Janne Johansson jj at it.su.se
Tue Sep 28 09:01:04 CEST 2004

Oscar Gustafsson wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Janne Johansson wrote:
>
>>Yes, with an inverter button, so you can pick the best team, then
>>invert the selection and re-pick from the bench-warmers instead.
>
> So the inverter button would be like "Do not use players in the selected
> team below"?

Yes, something like that. I don't necessarily want Mattricks to emulate
other player-picking programs, but having a program that picks out the
players that play the _least_ is actually quite nifty in regard of all
the friendlies on wedneysdays.

On the other hand, if you have a true inverter button, you could easily
pick out a couple you DONT want to play and then invert your selection
and have it select from the rest. (for instance, don't play with the
coach even if he's good =)

I have more than 22 players right now, and would like to make 22 of them
play each week, which means I can have Mattricks get me the best team for
weekends and then I get to select manually in the friendlies anyhow. 8-(

Ideally, there would be a select box for each player, then a couple of buttons:
* Mark/Unmark all players
* Invert All
* Unmark selected players <- those who currently are picked out to play

..and then every time I go "select best team" it would do so from the list of
marked players. Default would obviously be to have all players marked to keep
the program behaviour as it is now.

This would mean (for me) that selecting the wednesday team would involve:
1. Mark all
2. Select best team
3. Unmark selected players
4. Select best team

Weekend matches would only involve step #2, but you could still do all fancy
tricks manually if you like to unselect a single player and so on.

Was that clearer? =)