[Mattricks] Translation to portuguese language

Oscar Gustafsson oscar at lysator.liu.se
Mon Sep 13 08:45:50 CEST 2004

Hi!

Yes, that would be much appreciated!

Download the following file :
http://cvs.lysator.liu.se/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Mattricks/po/Mattricks.pot?root=mattricks

save it as pt.po (is pt correct for Portuguese?) and edit it.

If you are not familiar with po-files (gettext) here is a small
explanation:

#: Mattricks/ArenaPage.py:148 Mattricks/Configdialog.py:594
#: Mattricks/Main.py:198  <-- Where the word/string was found
msgid "Preferences"       <-- The English word/string
msgstr ""                 <-- Your Portuguese translation

Some of the words in Terms.py have a prefix of two letters and a space.
This prefix should be kept in the translation as:

#: Mattricks/Terms.py:26
msgid "pa inadequate"
msgstr "pa Portuguese word for inadqquate"

A few editors are available that helps you in the translation:

KBabel: http://i18n.kde.org/tools/kbabel/
poEdit: http://poedit.sourceforge.net/

Then just mail the translation file to me or the list and we will add it.

/Oscar