[Mattricks] some more errors

Oscar Gustafsson oscar at lysator.liu.se
Fri Oct 22 11:20:20 CEST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Zazell Kroeske wrote:
> I did this, but I still get the same error. can it be that the
> comparison page is looking at a date that has corrupt data and remembers
> this date?
If you are unlucky you would get the "first date" to be (one of) the
corrupted XML:s...

Could you do (while in the fetchedXMLs-directory)

grep -H "NOT AVAILABLE" all_players*.xml

Then you will get all the filenames (and rows) where NOT AVAILABLE occurs.

> Isn't it an idea to convert the value NOT AVAILABLE to -1 or something
> to prevent this behavior in the future?
The best would be to avoid downloading XML:s with NOT AVAILABLE. We will
try to implement this (I think) quite soon. The problem now is how to find
it out before adding the XML to the database (which is our standard
procedure).

You could try to change name of your Choices/Mattricks-directory to
Choices/Mattricks2 or something similar and make

./mattricks.py import *.xml

I do not know if it will work as expected and you probably would like to
move the "NOT AVAILABLE"-xml:s before doing that.