[Mattricks] Release: 0.7_rc2 now released.

Ragnar Ouchterlony ragnar at lysator.liu.se
Thu Oct 14 09:54:11 CEST 2004

On tor, 2004-10-14 at 01:08, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> My experiences with RC2 and Fedora Core 2:
>
> Started fine besides the message "Conversion error: invalid literal for
> int():" which still appeared in the console after startup.

That's due to that we are in midseason and the league table might be a
little screwed up.

> "Match list" is now working, great! How should I interpret the ranking
> numbers of teams? What is a good total rating for a team / player, what
> is average and what is bad? Is the rating the evaluation of player's
> game performance in that particular game, or is it his average value as
> a player (how does it compare to the "best position" value in the Player
> list)?

The "total rating" for a game is just a sum of all the star-ratings of
your players in a particular match. What is a good value depends on how
up in the divisions you are of course. My team that just went up to
division 5 has had 31.5* as best (I think). The "total rating" for a
match is of course different from the "total value" in an upcoming
match, which is an evaluation (done by Mattricks) based on the basic
skills of the players participating, his form etc. The "best position"
value for a player is the position (and the value) that Mattricks thinks
is best for a particular player, based on his skills.

> I have not found any bugs and I am very pleased with Mattricks, thanks
> for pvoviding it for us!
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

You're welcome.