[Mattricks] Release: 0.7_rc1 has now been released.

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at iki.fi
Sun Oct 10 21:58:10 CEST 2004

I have now tested the Mattricks-0.7_rc1-1.noarch.rpm on my Fedora Core 2
box. I have really not used Mattricks before and this is the first
helper program for Hattrick that I've tried so I'm quite new at this.

With wxpythongtk-2.4.2.4-1 and wxGTK-gl-2.4.2-4.1 installed with yum from

   http://newrpms.sunsite.dk

I got it running and asking for username/password. After that it started
downloading the game data and crashed. This is what I got in the console
I started it from:

--<snip>--
[peter at bahama linux]$ mattricks.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/mattricks.py", line 36, in ?
     Init.start()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Init.py", line 57,
in start
     Commandline.parse_and_start()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Commandline.py",
line 105, in parse_and_start
     all_commands[command](args, help_command)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Commandline.py",
line 121, in parse_cmd_gui
     Main.main(*args)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Main.py", line 436,
in main
     app = Main(filename)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Main.py", line 388,
in __init__
     wxApp.__init__(self)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1951, in
__init__
     _wxStart(self.OnInit)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Main.py", line 411,
in OnInit
     frame.AfterInit()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/Main.py", line 265,
in AfterInit
     page.AfterInit()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/ArenaPage.py", line
461, in AfterInit
     self.__update()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/ArenaPage.py", line
495, in __update
     self.__updategui()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/ArenaPage.py", line
513, in __updategui
     b_terraces = self.n_terraces - self.terraces
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'NoneType' and 'NoneType'
--</snip>--

The second time I launched it, Mattricks succeeded in all downloads and
I could use the program. Here's my evaluation, tab by tab:

Player Lists: OK. I think it would be nice idea to use some colors
somehow to differentiate the attributes -- say show the worst attributes
in reddish colour and the most good ones in green, or something? It
would also be nice to know what the "Player evaluation" scores mean?
And how should I interpret the "Squad statistics"?

Comparisons: What should this page do? Lots of checkboxes, but nothing
happens when I click them? I also get this error in the console:

   Conversion error: invalid literal for int():

Economy: OK. The display is very clear and informational.

Match List: OK

League table: This is empty. Should this show the other teams in my league?

Arena Sizer: OK, I guess, I really don't understand this view :)

Lineup Selection: How much should the computer picked team be trusted?
Can it be made to visualize the formation I am using (say 5-4-1)? Could
the "Players not to use" box be a bit more bigger?

I also got this error message in console while running Mattricks:

--<snip>--
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/LeaguePage.py", line
261, in OnPlots
     ltp=TablePlotsDialog.TablePlotsDialog(self, self.fixtures)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Mattricks/TablePlotsDialog.py", line
65, in __init__
     (pl, w, d, l, f, a, po, n, tid) = allteams[j]
IndexError: list index out of range
--</snip>--

With wxPythonGTK2-py2.3-2.5.2.8-FC2 from wxpython.org it did not work at
all:

   [peter at bahama peter]$ mattricks.py
   Traceback (most recent call last):
   [peter at bahama peter]$