[Mattricks] Bug and Italian translation

Gabriele 'LightKnight' Stilli superenzima at libero.it
Sat May 22 01:42:54 CEST 2004

venerdì 07 maggio 2004, alle 09:31, Oscar Gustafsson scrive:

Sorry for being so late :P

> Strange, was this the first time you ran Mattricks?

Actually, no. The error didn't show up on first run, only on a successive
reload. I moved the Choices/ directory away and the problem disappeared. Now
I can't reproduce it anymore. I'll holler when I hit it again. :-)

Now I have another similar problem:

when I run Mattricks from afresh and change the hrf catalog directory in the
preferences, I get this output on successive reloads of the program:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "./mattricks.py", line 36, in ?
    Init.start()
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Init.py", line 57, in start
    Commandline.parse_and_start()
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Commandline.py", line 105, in parse_and_start
    all_commands[command](args, help_command)
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Commandline.py", line 121,
  in parse_cmd_gui
    Main.main(*args)
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Main.py", line 520, in main
    app = Main(filename)
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Main.py", line 472, in __init__
    wxApp.__init__(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1951, in __init__
    _wxStart(self.OnInit)
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Main.py", line 479, in OnInit
    frame = MainFrame(NULL, Main.ID_FRAME, "Mattricks", self.initial_file)
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/Main.py", line 214, in __init__
    the_pages = [
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/SummaryPage.py", line 40, in __init__
    self.htdata = (filename, HRFData.hrfstorage[filename])
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/HRFData.py", line 125, in __getitem__
    self.hrfdata[f] = (HRFData(f), t)
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/HRFData.py", line 225, in __init__
    self.__extract_data()
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/HRFData.py", line 287, in __extract_data
    section_attributes_convert = self.__extract_data_section(section, [])
  File "/home/gabry/Mattricks-0.6_rc1/Mattricks/HRFData.py", line 364, in __extract_data_section
    for data_name, (hrf_name, description, convert_func, display_func) in attr_list.items():
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'items'

And mattricks refuses to start up.

Actually, the problem is that I use Hattrick Organizer to download the .hrf
files, and seems that from a certain point onward it changed slightly the
format it saves the data in, and this causes the crash. If it's useful, I
can provide some of those "treacherous" .hrf,

Regarding the translation, it's almost finished, I'm stuck on a few items
that are a bit tricky to render in Italian.

Should I use UTF-8 (Unicode) or ISO-8859-15 to translate strings?

These are some issues I met when translating the .po file:

* Found these typos while translating:

1) #: Mattricks/LeaguePage.py:348
msgid "Entered legaue id is not valid."

*** replace "legaue" with "league".

2) "  -A         --not-always        Only download a new hrf file if no\n"
"                                 hrf file exits for the day.\n"

*** replace "exits" with "exists".

3) #: Mattricks/XMLDataInfo.py:820
msgid "Transder id"

*** replace "Transder" with "Transfer".

* In the column editor, the column "Winger" appears twice. Moreover, in
Preferences->PLayer lists, the columns appear with theis original Swedish
headings; maybe they need a bit of translation too :-)

* The "resultat" caption at the bottom of "Game prediction" panel has been
left untranslatable (and, as a sidenote, I think it should be "result" or
such).

* Seems that the labels "larger report panel", "equal size" and "larger event
panel" in Preferences->Game viewer->Size ratios... remain untranslatable,
even if I translated them in the .po file.

* In the "Summary" panel, on the top-right corner, I see a strange word,
reading "itma", appearing. I guess it should be from "bitmap" and maybe it's
an error of some sort. Screenshot available on request.

Two little errors regarding the levels denominations in Terms.py (at least,
according to the terms list I found on the Hattrick site):

1) For the Aggressivity, the "unstable" level is missing (it's the top one);

2) For the Team self confidence, there's a "passable" level that shouldn't
be there (at least, not in that position in the scale).

* What is "Acc. profit" in the Economists dialog box?

* Finally, remember to add Italian ("italiano") in the Preferences->General
languages menu in the final version :-)

Sorry for asking so many questions all at once, I hope I'll be able to send
you a decent translation :)

> > P.S.: the address shown on the help.en.html page of the site is wrong: it's
> > "mattricks(at)lysator(dot)liu(dot)se", instead of
> > "mattricks(at)lists(dot)lysator(dot)liu(dot)se" (the "list" is missing) :-)
> Thanks for notifying us!

You're welcome, but the mistake remains :)

Do you have any plans on when releasing 0.6? This way, I can plan my work
better.

Thank you,
Gabriele :-)

http://www-studenti.dm.unipi.it/~stilli/ mailto:superenzima at libero.it
ICQ UIN: 159169930                 [HT] Lothlorien F.C. (51042, V.54)
Caccole Stellari Website:             http://www.caccolestellari.com/
Gruppo Utenti Linux Pisa:                   http://www.gulp.linux.it/