[Mattricks] Translations updated.

Ragnar Ouchterlony ragnar at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jan 27 11:27:29 CET 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Oscar Gustafsson wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> > 1) "players" command doesn't work
> You have to supply team id, league id and season id, see the help for
> players. This is maybe not so convenient, so I guess that you may want
> left out parameters to have default values.

This is an issue for Kent to solve, since he wrote the function.

> > 2) command "listchanges" shows untranslated names of filters
> Well, it shows the internal names of the filters, which are different than
> the translated names (which are the ones next to the checkboxes on the
> change page). Maybe it should look like:
>
> Filtry:
> arena - Explanation of filter (the translated text next to the checkbox)
> league - ...

Yes, it isn't the best solution there, but sufficient for the time being
imho.

> > 3) Preferences -> Match Viewer.
> >
> >    Strings "larger report panel", "equal sizes" and "larger event panel"
> >    aren't translated, even if they are properly translated in mattricks.mo
> >    file.
> Strange, are all other strings in the Preferences dialog translated?

That's not very strange. You have only made N_() around "larger event
panel", but it will (later) try to translate the whole thing, i.e.
"1:2 (larger event panel)". That phrase don't exist in the translation
database and won't get translated. I don't think there are any other
(easy) solution to the problem than to have the whole phrase be surrounded
by N_().

> > 4) Do you know what should I translate to get Polish strings in
> >    "File choosing dialog" ?
> >    Is it Python's issue or wxWindows or Mattricks? ;)
> >    I'll be grateful for some hints about that.
> I believe that it is a wxWindows issue, although I do not know if it can
> be solved (easily).

Yes, the file dialog and dir dialog is wxWindows (or perhaps wxPython, I
don't know there). I don't know how to get them translated.

> > 5) You should add some "about" button. I couldn't find my name at whole
> >    Mattricks ;)))
> Check the file AUTHORS. Adding it into the actual program may be up for
> discussion. I think the current way follows the GPL tradition.

I believe a lot of Gnome programs have the AUTHORS file inside a scrolling
window in an about dialog. This isn't for this version anyhow.