[Mattricks] Wishlist.

Ragnar Ouchterlony ragnar at lysator.liu.se
Fri Jan 16 15:39:40 CET 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

> I saw that there is debian/* directory in Mattricks sources. What about
> putting Mattricks in Debian distribution?
> Or at least on mentors.debian.net right now.

I currently only try to put together a working debian package. I don't
(for now) want to be involved directly in the debian project. If anyone
wants to add it into debian, go ahead! (For the curious, there are already
a program in debian which I was heavy involved in, see if you can find
which it is :)).

> > > It would be nice feature because Hattrick webpage doesn't support
> > > "saving" selected matches between sessions. Mattricks != Hattrick so he
> > > could save it ;)
> > Indeed, especially when testing things it is very convenient. I will
> > probably add this rather soon. :)
> Before Sunday? ;)

We'll see about that.

> No, I don't know such a database. I would like to have simple form in
> which I could write:
>
> 		League ID:       Name:
>          [  32492  ]      [ Ragnar's league ]

My league has id 4605. :)

> Then everyone could have as big database as he wants.
> If someone wants to add another league then he could find ID on
> Hattrick's webpages.

Yes, perhaps a user comment could be fit in.

> So think about it continually ;)
> I don't want to lost my old data ;)

No, you should not lose your data, it was more thinking of which way the
user should be able to keep his data.

> > Yes, yes, yes (ad infinitum). But we need to implement a good way to get
> > the current team and it's league etc. It will be done, please be
> > patient. :-)
> Hmm.. I thought that league id is in hrf file in some readable format,
> but now I've checked it and it's not ;)
> Ok, I won't ask for it once again, cause it's not trivial thing to do.

It will probably be done through the team details xml, plus some other
xml:s.

> I can send you some ISO-8859-2 fonts if you want ;)))

My harddrive is full enough as it is.

> Microsoft Foundation Class Library. Library that provides some classes
> for building interfaces under Windows. I thought that wxWindows uses GTK
> under Linux, and MFC under Windows, but I was wrong.
> I've checked it in FAQ on wxWindows page ;)

I don't know what it is called, but it is windows native (in difference to
using gtk under windows, or running through cygwin) at least.