[Mattricks] Wishlist.

Ragnar Ouchterlony ragnar at lysator.liu.se
Fri Jan 16 15:05:47 CET 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:06:22PM +0100, Oscar Gustafsson wrote:
> > > 1) I suppose that he should remember my data?
> > In settings you can add the directories where you have your hrf-files.
> Doh. I thought I have set it before. Ok now it works for players and
> summary, but it still doesn't show anything about my league.
> Default entries are -1, -1, but if I change it to my data then Mattricks
> even doesn't has to download it. So it's saved somewhere but it's not
> displayed at start.

Yes, it is saved in the database. The default for that page is always -1,
-1. This is also subject to be changed.

> > > 2) On summary page there is some odd string near right edge of Mattricks
> > >    window. It looks like "itma" or "itra". I don't know what is it.
> > Could you make a screen shot?
> Sure. Here it is: http://skawina.eu.org/shot.jpg

Precisely, it happens for me when it tries to load an image that doesn't
exist too. Will be fixed sometime.

> > I do not get anything like that. You are
> > using some linux, right?
> Yep, Debian GNU/Linux Sid/Unstable ;)

I run Debian Sarge/Testing with some Sid in it. :) Oscar runs Windows
(most often anyway :)).

> > > 4) Match predictions. If I paste some values from Match details then
> > OK, I do not get that behavious on my Win-98 computer.
> But Ragnar said that he has some odd behaviour there.

I saw odd behaviour, yes, and will look into it.

> > Quite a few of these changes are planned. I agree with you that it
> > would be useful to save which games are viewed, didn't think of that
> > before.
> It would be nice feature because Hattrick webpage doesn't support
> "saving" selected matches between sessions. Mattricks != Hattrick so he
> could save it ;)

Indeed, especially when testing things it is very convenient. I will
probably add this rather soon. :)

> > > 2) League tables.
> > >    Favourite list once again ;) It would be nice to have some favourite
> > >    list of leagues of friends, and button to quickly switch between them.
> > This is also very likely to happen. Most likely in the form that there is
> > a combo box where you can select between all previously downloaded
> > fixtures.
> But it would be nice to have possibility to name those fixtures. I mean
> I don't want to choose between 32492.9 and 34742.9, but between Alice
> and Bob ;)

This would probably, as Oscar mentioned be in the form of "IIj, Sweden
(15)" or something similar.