[Mattricks] Wishlist.

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo fenio at o2.pl
Fri Jan 16 15:05:09 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:55:29PM +0100, Oscar Gustafsson wrote:
> > Doh. I thought I have set it before. Ok now it works for players and
> > summary, but it still doesn't show anything about my league.
> > Default entries are -1, -1, but if I change it to my data then Mattricks
> > even doesn't has to download it. So it's saved somewhere but it's not
> > displayed at start.
> It always shows -1, -1, but you should be able to get a previuosly
> downloaded table if you type the correct league-id/season.
Grrr... It's really annoying thing. Don't you think it should be set to
my league by default? I think that most users wants to look at its
league table ;)

> > > Could you make a screen shot?
> > Sure. Here it is: http://skawina.eu.org/shot.jpg
> Nice one. :-)
>
> It's fun for me to see Mattricks in Polish. I actually haven't tried
> another languague yet.
It's almost as fun as seeing Mattricks in Swedish for me ;)

> I guess it has something to do with that you do not have a logo there. I
> do not get this on Win 98.
Ok... I'll try to look to code and experiment a little ;)

> > > OK, I do not get that behavious on my Win-98 computer.
> > But Ragnar said that he has some odd behaviour there.
> Seems to be a GTK-thing, then.
As far as I know, wxWindows uses MFC under Windows right?

> > But it would be nice to have possibility to name those fixtures. I mean
> > I don't want to choose between 32492.9 and 34742.9, but between Alice
> > and Bob ;)
> Yes, my plan was like "IIj (Sverige)" and so on, but I guess that
> arbitrary names can be used (some day).
Great.

> > I know that Python is quite easy and it's preferred language for
> > education, but unfortunately I've got problems with learning anything
> > new, and in addition I have to learn C and Java for my classes.
> > Maybe I'll try to get to know Python later and I'll try to help you.
> Sounds good! This wasn't meant for you personally, but more of an attempt
> to get some more people contributing.
So I suppose that you should ask for it on some HT forums.
If someone is subscribed to this list then probably he is helping in
some way already ;)

regards
fEnIo
--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio at o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska