[Mattricks] Wishlist.

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo fenio at o2.pl
Fri Jan 16 14:40:12 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:06:22PM +0100, Oscar Gustafsson wrote:
> > 1) I suppose that he should remember my data?
> >    After launching it I've got empty tables/player lists and so on.
> >    I have to open some previous hrf file or download a new one, and then he
> >    load even all of old hrf files.
> In settings you can add the directories where you have your hrf-files.
Doh. I thought I have set it before. Ok now it works for players and
summary, but it still doesn't show anything about my league.
Default entries are -1, -1, but if I change it to my data then Mattricks
even doesn't has to download it. So it's saved somewhere but it's not
displayed at start.

Sure. Here it is: http://skawina.eu.org/shot.jpg

> I do not get anything like that. You are
> using some linux, right?
Yep, Debian GNU/Linux Sid/Unstable ;)

> > 3) Money. I suppose that it's displayed in Swedish currency.
> >    But Mattricks add "Zloty" suffix (it's Polish currency).
> >    Could you change it to show always numbers in someone's currency?
> Yes, this is on the TODO-list (I guess, at least we know about it)
Ok great.

> > 4) Match predictions. If I paste some values from Match details then
> >    something weird happens. They are pasted well to Match prediction
> >    dialogue, but let's assume that it has pasted "poor" value for some
> >    formation and then I'll try to change it and click this popup menu,
> >    there is other level active. In this case it's "weak".
> >    For that reason it's impossible to change it to "weak".
> >    I know that it sounds cramped, but my English isn't perfect :/
> >    Maybe you should try to "play with it" for some time and then you'll
> >    see the same effect.
> OK, I do not get that behavious on my Win-98 computer.
But Ragnar said that he has some odd behaviour there.

> Quite a few of these changes are planned. I agree with you that it
> would be useful to save which games are viewed, didn't think of that
> before.
It would be nice feature because Hattrick webpage doesn't support
"saving" selected matches between sessions. Mattricks != Hattrick so he
could save it ;)

> > 2) League tables.
> >    Favourite list once again ;) It would be nice to have some favourite
> >    list of leagues of friends, and button to quickly switch between them.
> This is also very likely to happen. Most likely in the form that there is
> a combo box where you can select between all previously downloaded
> fixtures.
But it would be nice to have possibility to name those fixtures. I mean
I don't want to choose between 32492.9 and 34742.9, but between Alice
and Bob ;)

> > 3) Lineup selection.
> >    Someone's asked for it if I remember correctly. It would be nice to
> >    have possibility to choose formation (4-4-2, 3-5-2, and so on), before
> >    picking team.
> >    Choosing between sparing/league match also would be useful. I mean
> >    players can play with red cards in sparings.
> As earlier, this is also planned.
>
> As you all can see there is quite a few things to be done, so please
> consider if you are interested in helping out. Python is quite easy to
> read and understand, so it will be possible to help rather rapidly after
> starting.
I know that Python is quite easy and it's preferred language for
education, but unfortunately I've got problems with learning anything
new, and in addition I have to learn C and Java for my classes.
Maybe I'll try to get to know Python later and I'll try to help you.

> > Last but not least.
> > What is Junior Spy? How to use it?
> When you pick a new player from your youth squad, you minimize the
> HT-window before it displays the player, download a new hrf using
> Mattricks (click Start Junior Spy). You will then get a list with your
> players with the one Mattricks thinks is your youth pull marked. You
> select your youthpull and can then "step" the abilities one by one and one
> step at a time. Just to get it a bit more exciting.
Oh, I see ;)

> You can try it without having a newly picked youth. :-)
Thanks for answer ;)

regards
fEnIo
--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio at o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska