[Mattricks] Mac issues

Kent Karlsson kentk at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 15:59:30 CET 2004

On 2004-01-12, at 15.46, Oscar Gustafsson wrote:

> It seems like there will be a working Mac version, finally.

Yeah, but there are some issues.. (more below)

>> Is there any plans on a match archive, btw?
> Yes, there is one (or a start of one, depending on what you wants) in
> the
> current CVS version. If you would like to try it out, it would be much
> appreciated. Especially since it is using a bsddb database, which says
> it
> has support for Unix and Windows only, although googling may give you
> the
> impression that it should work on OS X as well (which makes sense as
> it is
> a unix). This should be able to do without dowloading any extra
> libraries
> (right Ragnar?).

I checked out the latest cvs and tried it out with the confusing error
that bsddb wasnt there. It took me a while to figure out that it was
the lib that was missing.

If anyone want bsddb to work on MacOS X 10.3, do this (preceding every
cmd with a # due to the linebreaks):

# curl
http://undefined.org/python/pimp/bsddb-4.1.6.darwin-6.6-
Power_Macintosh.tar.gz > bsddb.tgz
# tar xzvf bsddb.tgz
# mv
./Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/_bsddb.so .
# install_name_tool -change
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python
_bsddb.so
# mv _bsddb.so
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/

Found the idea here:
http://divmod.org/users/mailman.twistd/pipermail/divmod-dev/2003-
November/000150.html

Is the fetching of the fixtures supposed to work? I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/LeaguePage.py",
line 195, in OnDataUpdate
     self.Update(True)
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/LeaguePage.py",
line 276, in Update
     self.fixtures = Fixtures.Fixtures(current_league, current_season,
force_update)
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/Fixtures.py",
line 35, in __init__
     self.__extract_data(llu_id, season, force_update)
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/Fixtures.py",
line 39, in __extract_data
     data = XMLParse.get(["league fixtures", llu_id, season],
force_update = force_update)
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/XMLParse.py",
line 362, in get
     return get(identifier, paths, normal, display, userid, True, False)
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/XMLParse.py",
line 373, in get
     values = databases.get_all(nuserid, xml_info[2], idstr)
   File
"/Users/kentk/Projects/OpenSource/Mattricks/Mattricks/Database.py",
line 72, in get_all
     data[key] = db.get(key)
AttributeError: _DBWithCursor instance has no attribute 'get'