[Mattricks] new here

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo fenio at o2.pl
Tue Feb 3 12:09:00 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:40:01AM +0100, Ragnar Ouchterlony wrote:
> > I've got problems with date (near information about numbers of visitors)
> > and with alternative texts on flags.
> >
> > Do you intend to use language names in some other places?
> > If not then I could change it to dative.
> No, I do not intend to use them anywhere else.
Ok, so this is fixed now.

> > Problem with date isn't as easly solvable. The best way would be to have
> > names of months in other format too.
> You have different inflections for months? What forms do you have (i.e. is
> it the same as for with ordinary plural forms in Polish? I could make a
> whole plural form code thing like there is for gettext. Not today though,
> I think, today I'm going to debug the MatchViewer.
We've got seven instances of nouns.
If I have to say normally date then it's " 3 luty 2004 "
But when I have to say that page has been view [] since [date] then it
should be " 3 lutego 2004 ".

Maybe you want to show you another instances? ;)
If I would like to say that I'll go on vacation on February, then it
should be " w lutym ". That's one of reason why Polish language isn't
the simplest one ;)

Conclusion. It would be nice to have two versions of names of months.
I don't suspect, that more formats of dates will be used on homepage.
But these two are being used now.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio at o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska