[Mattricks] Suggestions for linux

Oscar Gustafsson oscar at lysator.liu.se
Tue Aug 24 10:32:40 CEST 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, mantas wrote:
> I think Mattricks behaves very strange, when you first time use
> Mattrics. It offers to download new data. If I click cancel it exits, if
> I download this data, than my home directory (using linux) is full of
> Matticks downloaded files.
> Don't You think that in Linux at least Mattrics downloaded files should
> be saved in .mattrics directory or something like this (most linux apps
> save files in dot directories).
It uses the Choices system for determining where to put the data. It says
in the README that you probably want to specify where the data is saved
before running it, although I guess it can be a bit more clear.

Do you think that a window saying "You have not specified a download
directory, would you like to save the data in your start directory?" would
be a good solution?

> Second, I want to say widget in "Player list" tab where all players are
> list doesn't reacts to mouse scrooling.
This is most likely due to wxPython not supporting it, so unfortunately I
do not think there is much we can do about that. Although, I'll try to
make sure that this is the case.