[Mattricks] python-xml

Ragnar Ouchterlony ragnar at lysator.liu.se
Sat Dec 13 18:31:28 CET 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Javi Vázquez wrote:

>  --- Ragnar Ouchterlony <ragnar at lysator.liu.se>
> escribió: > Hi,
> >
> > There is a package in main that is called
> > python-xml.
> >
> > Just do "apt-get install python-xml"
>
>  I cannot do that, because:
> "Depends: python (>= 2.2) but 2.1.3-3.2 is to be
> installed
>               Depends: python2.2-xml (>=
> 0.8.3-2woody1) but it is not going to be installed"
>
>  I have python 2.3.2 right installed, but have
> compiled the source code because I did not get the
> backport for woody, so I need to get the sources or
> the .deb to force the installation of python-xml and
> python2.2-xml with dpkg
>
>  Moreover, "packages.debian.org is down at the
> moment."; so I need another repository to download
> these packages.
>
>  Maybe is some easier option to install mattricks in
> debian woody I do not know, some advice?
>
> javi

There is a list of mirrors on http://www.debian.org/mirror/list.

Am I correct to understand that you have compiled python 2.3.2 yourself
and don't have the packaged version? Then you probably want the source
version of python-xml too. Get that at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/.

A better option would probably be to backport python2.3 and the other
dependencies from sid.

Another option is also to just download the source dist of Mattricks and
run directly from there.