[Mattricks] Translation.

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo fenio at o2.pl
Sat Dec 13 17:04:33 CET 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 04:14:04PM +0100, Ragnar Ouchterlony wrote:
> > > Nice to see some translation work!
> > Yeah... nice, but I've got some problems with "filter values".
> > I mean it's pretty hard to figure out what the following shortcuts
> > means:
> >
> > tt
> > aa
> > tc
>
> Hattrick isn't very consequent when it comes to it's terms so I introduced
> prefixes for all Hattrick terms. Look in Mattricks/Terms.py to what thing
> they refer to. And also refer to the Hattrick rules (both in English and
> Polish) about their proper translations.
Ok now it's clear for me. I suppose that I shouldn't touch those "tt"
strings? Only succeding string as it is done for Swedish?

> > > There are places where there should be plural forms and we don't use it
> > > you mean? Please tell us where this is. Plural forms should be used
> > > wherever it is needed.
> > No... You didn't uderstand me. I've only wanted to tell you that you
> > have to use more complex forms. Not only [0][1] but [2][5] too.
> > I suppose that Swedish language has more simple plural forms so you
> > haven't used more so far.
>
> I might as well explain how the plural forms in gettext work:
>
> * In the top of the file (the header) there is a thing called "Plural
>   form". That header should look like this for Polish:
>
>           Plural-Forms: nplurals=3; \
>               plural=n==1 ? 0 : \
>                      n%10>=2 && n%10<=4 && (n%100<10 || n%100>=20) ? 1 : 2;
Ok I've changed it in my file.

> * Now, where it for English and Swedish there are msgstr[0], msgstr[1],
>   add a msgstr[2] also.
>
>   The first is for when n == 1. the second is for the 2,3,4 form and the
>   last is for everything else.
Aye aye sir ;)

> > > By the way, I haven't updated the Mattricks.pot since the release, so it
> > > should be possible to use a new translation straight in the 0.4 release.
> > Hmm... so Mattricks.pot from CVS is outdated?
> Yes, it is. It changes too often to be bothered to update all the time.
Ok, no problem.

> > > There are already lot of things that needs to be translated for version
> > > 0.5 and there will be lots more when we have support for all the new
> > > CHPP-xml:s.
> > Ok... if there will be any "freezing time" for translations before new
> > release?
> Yes, probably around the time of whne we start pouring out release
> candidates for version 0.5 (or preferably even some little time before
> that). This will be notified of on the mailing-list.
Great!

regards
fEnIo
--
      _     Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | mailto:fenio at o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska