[Mattricks] Translation.

Ragnar Ouchterlony ragnar at lysator.liu.se
Sat Dec 13 16:14:04 CET 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 03:44:56PM +0100, Ragnar Ouchterlony wrote:
> > Nice to see some translation work!
> Yeah... nice, but I've got some problems with "filter values".
> I mean it's pretty hard to figure out what the following shortcuts
> means:
>
> tt
> aa
> tc

Hattrick isn't very consequent when it comes to it's terms so I introduced
prefixes for all Hattrick terms. Look in Mattricks/Terms.py to what thing
they refer to. And also refer to the Hattrick rules (both in English and
Polish) about their proper translations.

> and so on... I'm not very experienced user of Hattrick ;)
>
> > > I've noticed that Mattricks is one of the small number of projects that
> > > uses plural forms of gettext so I ask you now to use it for other forms
> > > too. Would it be problem for you?
> > There are places where there should be plural forms and we don't use it
> > you mean? Please tell us where this is. Plural forms should be used
> > wherever it is needed.
> No... You didn't uderstand me. I've only wanted to tell you that you
> have to use more complex forms. Not only [0][1] but [2][5] too.
> I suppose that Swedish language has more simple plural forms so you
> haven't used more so far.

I might as well explain how the plural forms in gettext work:

* In the top of the file (the header) there is a thing called "Plural
  form". That header should look like this for Polish:

          Plural-Forms: nplurals=3; \
              plural=n==1 ? 0 : \
                     n%10>=2 && n%10<=4 && (n%100<10 || n%100>=20) ? 1 : 2;

* Now, where it for English and Swedish there are msgstr[0], msgstr[1],
  add a msgstr[2] also.

  The first is for when n == 1. the second is for the 2,3,4 form and the
  last is for everything else.

> > By the way, I haven't updated the Mattricks.pot since the release, so it
> > should be possible to use a new translation straight in the 0.4 release.
> Hmm... so Mattricks.pot from CVS is outdated?

Yes, it is. It changes too often to be bothered to update all the time.

> > There are already lot of things that needs to be translated for version
> > 0.5 and there will be lots more when we have support for all the new
> > CHPP-xml:s.
> Ok... if there will be any "freezing time" for translations before new
> release?

Yes, probably around the time of whne we start pouring out release
candidates for version 0.5 (or preferably even some little time before
that). This will be notified of on the mailing-list.