Tue, 14 Sep 2004 05:27:46 +0200
I have released gnugoclient version 3.0.
Gnugoclient is a program which can be used to connect GNU Go and other
go programs to NNGS and compatible servers and have it play games
without supervision. The requirement on the go program is that it
supports the Go Text Protocol (GTP) and can communicate either over
TCP/IP or via pipes.
Gnugoclient is written in Pike and should work on any platform where
Pike is available, which means almost any brand of Unix plus Windows.
It has been developed on Debian GNU/Linux and tested on Solaris 9. It
has also been briefly tested on Windows XP and at least the basic
functionality seems to work.
New features compared to version 2.0:
* GTP version 2 compliant. GTP version 1 support remains but is
deprecated and untested.
* Simplified configuration.
* Support for connecting to GTP engines both over pipes and TCP/IP.
* Automatic level adjustment removed. Time information is now sent
with GTP commands, leaving level adjustment to the engines.
* Works with GNU Go 2.7.245 and later and other GTP compliant
* Specific support for the Gifu 2004 tournament.
Further information and a download link are available at